Dear Mrs. Zrihen,
I currently finished a book called BOYS ARE DOGS by Leslie Margolis. In this book one quote that stuck out to me was on page 31 " I went inside my room and told my mom I was ready to go to the mall." I choose that passage I can relate to it by always telling my mom I am ready for the mall because I love the mall. I used many strategies for this book. My two begun were skimming and scanning. Then during I related the book to myself and checked for text features. Last strategies I used after reading strategies re-reading what I didn't understand also thinking about the main idea.
The genre in this book was realistic fiction. Some characteristics were that it took place in modern times and characters are involved in events that could happen.
In this book the protagonist is Annabelle she is round. The antagonist is Jackson he is flat. The foil are all other kids in school that are all flat.
The setting in this book is in North Hollywood, in the time period of a school year. They did not mention any thing about the weather but the social conditions are normal. In this book the problem was external and man vs. man. The tone and mood was happy.
The theme was life and the moral is you can learn from a book. The POV is 1st person because she talks about her feelings. The P.O.O. was chapters.
In this book the Arther's purpose was to entertain and inform. The Arther's objective was subjective and bias.
There was not a lot of figurative language in this book but their was metaphor, simile, personification, and exaggeration but that is all.
I would rate this boom a 5 out of 5 because I was never confused by too big of a word or bored in a chapter. I would recommend this book to girls in middle school.
Sincerely,
Gabriella Goldstein :)
Gabi,
ReplyDeleteThat was a very impressive blog!! I think you should have included some more information though. When I read this blog I was getting pulled in and that makes me want to read the book.
Some questions that I had were.....
Who are all the characters?
When did you start reading this book???
Were there any passages that helped you find out all this information??
you should have elaborated a little more.
melinda hebert
Dear Gabi,
ReplyDeleteExcellent journal, I actually didn't get bored while reading it. This book sound like a good book!!! And I mean it!!! The only thing you were missing that would make your journal a lot better is a plot structure. I really don't have a lot of questions to ask but opinions like favorites mostly.
Was the conflict internal or external?
What type of conflict was it, man vs. ______.
What was your favorite part of the book?
Who was your favorite character?
If there is a book that comes right after this one would you read it?
Who was your favorite character?
What is the plot structure?
Did someone recommend this book to you?
Sincerely,
Erika Alban
dear gabi,
ReplyDeletegreat readers journal, better then last time cause i noticed that last time you used the non fiction rubric. although as you know it there were a few mistakes. first one i caught was that you had a couple fragments and misspelled words. minor mistake but you can fix it. you also missed all of the plot structures. the last thing that i saw was that you didnt include the characteristics of how this book is realistic fiction.
you had most of the rubric requirements but i have some questions of my own that i would like to ask by curiousity. if you were in the main characters shoes what would you have done? if you were the main character would you take care of your conflict in better way? if you were the main character would you just live with whats happening and you dont like or put a stop to it?
sincerely ofek peer
Dear Meilnda,
ReplyDeleteThe characters are Annabelle , her mother , Ted ,puppy, lab partners, boys in her school.I don't know when I started to read this book. No there were no passages that helped me find out all this information it was reading the book and putting it together. I will elaborated a little more next time.
-Gabi :)
Dear Erika,
ReplyDeleteThis book is a great book you should read it sometime.
The was the conflict external as i said in the readers journal.
The conflict was man vs. man.
I wrote my favorite part of this book in the first paragraph
My favorite character was Annabelle.
If there is a book that comes right after this one I would read it.
No one recommend this book to me.
-Gabi :)
PS- most the Qs you asked were in my Readers Journal.
Dear Ofek,
ReplyDeleteIf I were in the main characters shoes I would have done the same. I could not have thought of a better way to train boys.I would put a stop it if I was the main character and not live with it!
-Gabi :)