Dear Mrs. Zrihen,
I currently just finished a book called MILTON HERSHEY. The author to this book is Jane Sutcliffe and illustrated by Tim Parlin. I found this book my self with no help at all. My favorite part of this book is on page 53 it said "Failure is was as commen as mud in the oil feilds, little was said about the men who borrowed more then they could afford to lose, and lost it anyway." I thought that was different and really touching because he grew up with everyone telling him that and he still went for his dreams, I might have lost hope after a while but he was strong and kept going for his dreams.
I used two before reading strategies. the first one was looking at the title page. the book looked interesting and i realized that he was in a picture frame and the photo of him was black and white that must mean he is dead by now. I also used looking at the table of contents to determine what the chapters are all about. I liked what I saw so I read.
During read I skimmed and scanned for text features. Also I thought about what I read after each chapter I was getting bored. I was about to abandon it but I could not finish another book in time for this readers journal.
After I finish I used more strategies. I wrote this readers journal on it to comprehend I read it. I also used thinking of what I read. I thought how different his life was to my life in modern day like today I think of chocolate as a normal thing to have but back then it was new and unique, I guess.
This genre is biography. I know that because it talking about his life and how he grew up thought of the idea of milk chocolate. The topic of this book is to never give up because making milk chocolate was hard to invent but since he never gave up we now have Hershey milk chocolate or milk chocolate in general. The theme is go for your dreams.
The main idea of this book is a successful chocolate maker who built a town around his factory with unique housing for his workers and students. This was implied. Anther name for this book should be KISS. I think that would be great title for this book because his Hershey kisses are very known today. The evidence is he opened a school for kids is factual, he is known today for his chocolate today is factual, and also him being so kind (is sensory) to others like not going on a vacation and instead stating home with his sick wife is factual. The moral of this story is don't ever forget your dreams.
There are many text features in this book. One is having a table of content that helps because you can look at it to see where a chapter is located. Another is italicized words which emphasizes word, and pictures to see what is happening, Also, captions to see what is going on in a picture just in case you don't understand what the picture means. Lastly, dialogue to understand the situation the character is in.
The P.O.O in this book is chapters. I know it is because there is chapters in this book. The authors perspective in this book was 3rd person. I know that because it is a BIOgraphy. The authors purpose was to inform about Milton Hershey and his accomplishments in life. The author was objective and unbiased.
In this book the figurative language is similes, metaphors, and personification.
The characters are Milton Hershey's wife, and him. She is static and he is round. Some character traits of Milton Hershey is confident, kind, and fair.
I would rate this book a 1 out of 5 because it was bad
andboring.
Love,
Gabi <3
No comments:
Post a Comment