Monday, October 10, 2011

Readers Journal #7


Dear Mrs. Zrihen,

I just finished a great biography book that is called THE STORY OF WALT DISNEY THE MAKER OF MAGICAL WORLDS. This book is by Bernice Selden a new author to me. I found out of this book by my nook recommending this book to me. One passage that stuck out to me was on page 10 " One pig, Porky, was especially fond of Walt." That stuck out to me because Porky Pig is one of my mom's favorite Disney character and until I told her she thought he just made it up from his head. Also it says "fond of Walt" I thought that stuck out because today we have ipods and think it is the world but he just had a pig. 

Before reading this book I used looking at the title. I thought that helped because usually you can assume what a book is about from the title. I saw it said Disney and I love Disney world so I loved the book on what I saw so far.

Also, I skimmed and scanned for text features. I saw a TOC (table of contents), and lots of talking and I love when there is talking in books it really animates it.  I also saw something I have never seen before it was a about the book I thought that was a great idea. 

For during reading I used thinking of what I read. I thought about how I would do on a farm (not bad). Also I highlighted all the characters names so I don't forget them. That was very helpful.

After I thought of the moral. The moral is believed in your dreams. Last, I used rereading what I did not understand in the book.

This book was a biography. I know that because Bernice Selden wrote about Walt Disney. Which makes it a biography not an autobiography.

In this book there is no antagonist. The main character is Walt Disney. Walt Disney is round. Other characters are Elias, Ruth, Herbert, Roy, Raymond, Porky, Rupert, Diane and Sherwood. Those are all flat. The foil in this book is other farmer. 

The main setting in this book is on a farm. The social conditions are low class. I know that because it says it is hard to even get food. The weather in this book is sunny because they say some times it doesn't rain for two months. 

The main issue in this book is he tiring to reach his dreams in life and make a fun place for kids. The problem is external because he wants it for the world. The conflict is character vs. self.

The tone in this book is happy and the mood elated. The moral is to believe in you to achieve. The theme is work hard to succeed. The POV in this book is 3rd person. The POO in this book is chapters. 

The author’s purpose in this book is to inform about the person who invented Disney World. The author’s perspective is unbars and objective. 

I n this book I saw a little of figurative langue. I saw similes, metaphors, personification, and that was it sadly. 

I would rate this book a 5 out of 5 (*****). I would because it was detailed. Also because it was interesting. I would recommend this book to EVERYONE.

Love,
Gabi <3

No comments:

Post a Comment