I just finish a book called ZOOBREAK. This book is by a new author to me named Gorden Korden. On page ? I saw a sentence that stuck out to me it read "You're the one who said a plan is never finished until you've considered all the possibilities". I believe that this is true because you never are done with your goal in life.
Before reading this book I used two before reading strategies. First I looked at the cover I saw their was animals. That was great to me because i love animals! I also realized that it was dark unhappy colors that was not a positive thought about the book to me. Although, I continued to go on to my second strategy. Second I used searching for text features. I found lots of talking which I loved because when people talk I get more into the book and feel like I am standing next to who ever is talking.
During reading I also used two strategies. First I made predictions I predicted that the animals in the zoo will break out.My prediction was right! I was glad that I was correct :). I also I looked at illustrations when I read to understand the book better. That really helped when I got confused at parts.
After reading this book I did two after reading strategies. First I wrote this readers journal on what this book is about. Then I thought about the main idea of this book which is when a class goes to a zoo and she animals being treated badly and then the zookeeper kidnapped the animals. The main idea is implied and man vs. man.
In this book the genre is mystery. I know that for two reasons. First it says in the book and second they are trying to find the animals. The characters in this book are a monkey named Cleopatra, Savannah who is the animal expert, Antonia (she climbs well), Melissa who is into Technology, Logan an Actor, Ben the Smallest , and Griffin the burglar and also the antagonist. The foil in this book is the other students and animals in the zoo.
This story was taken place mostly in zoo. The time was the school year. I know that because in the book they are going to take a school trip (SCHOOL). The climate is average not too hot and not too cold. The social conditions are normal school year with no bullies.
This book the exposition was in paragraphs 5 and 6. The rising action is when the students saw Cleoptra. The climax was breaking the animals out of the zoo. Then the falling action was taking care of all the zoo animals. The resolution in this book was when they caught the thief.
The tone and mood in this book were the same. They were both mysterious. The moral is adventure and the theme of this book is suspense. The P.O.V in this book is 3rd person and the P.O.O is chronological order. The authors purpose was to entertain and the perspective was unbiased and objective. In this book figurative language are only similes and personification.
I would rate this book a 7 out of 10. I would because it was ok not great. I got confused at times and I don't like mystery that much.
Love,
Gabi <3 (:
ZOOBREAK |
Dear Gabi,
ReplyDeletegreat rj! but i have some questions:
1. did using these strategies really help you?
2. did you use the rubric?
3. did you over all enjoy reading this book?
4. would you reccomend this book to me?
5. who was your favorite character?
over all great job,
shianne
Dear Shianne,
ReplyDeleteThank you for reading my readers journal. Yes, these starigies helped me. I think you should know if I used the rubric and I did. Yes, I did liked this book and I would not recommend this book to you because it was not great. My favorite character was the monkey because I love monkeys.
Love,
Gabi :)